Tuesday, July 12, 2022

30 Day Writing Challenge ... Day 13

 


Okay, so I didn't write yesterday, but that was because I was out spending the day with family. By the time I got home, I was too tired to sit at the computer. I shouldn't even be on right now, because I have a horrible migraine, but I didn't want to fall behind too far on my writing again, so here I am.

Today's challenge, is "Your commute to and from work/school/etc."

Well, seeing as how I am a stay-at-home mom, there is no commute to speak of. 

BUT, back in the day when I did go to school, I used to take the bus both ways. We didn't live far from my school, so I just needed to take 1 bus. Pretty much all the high schools schools I went to, except for 2 I believe, only took one bus to get there. Vincent Massey - 1 bus, Marymount Academy - 1 bus, Rosemount High - 1 bus. The only 2 that took more was Pius X, that took 2 buses, and when I went to Doorways, depending on the way I went, took either a bus and metro, or 2 buses. 

That's a lot of high schools for one person huh ? Yea, I was kind of a little "delinquent" in high school. Lol. Let me explain... Vincent Massey, I was there for grade 7 (or sec 1 as we call it here in Quebec),  but then at the end of the school year, we moved from Rosemount to N.D.G, and my mom didn't want me traveling so far (an hour by bus and metro) to come back to school, so I went to Marymount Academy for grade 8 (sec 2), I did 2 years there, both years were grade 8, cause I fell in with the "bad" crowd and had to repeat my year. The second year of grade 8, I was so bad, and cut class so many times, that the school suggested sending me to Pius X for grade 9 (sec 3) to their program for students with behavioral problems called Threshold. I did very well there and  passed my year. Since we had moved back to the area, my parents put me in Rosemount High (even though I originally wanted to stay at Pius X), since (as far as I know) it was closer to home and only required one bus, and friends of the family highly recommended Rosemount. I only did part of grade 10 (sec 4) there, and then I wanted to drop out around Christmas break, due to personal reasons that I don't want to talk about right now, but my parents sent me to Doorways instead in September. So I did part of grade 10 there again, and I hated it there. Doorways was another school for "delinquents" or people with behavioral problems, which yea, great idea, put a bad ass kid in school with other bad asses, that's really gonna work well lol. 

So needless to say, since I was doing so poorly, and hated school at that point, my father gave me 2 options.... buckle down and stay in school and get to grade 11 (sec 5) so I can graduate, OR... he would let me quit school (which my mom was against), on the agreement that since I was over 16 and legally allowed to hold a job, I had to go out and get a job. I wasn't allowed to just hang out with friends or stay home doing nothing. So, I chose option B. I figured working to make money would be a far better deal than sitting in school for hours, considering that I hated school. So I got a job at the local Dunkin Donuts. 

Trust me.... even though I went back to finish my schooling in my 30's, doing homeschooling and graduated with honors, I still very much regret dropping out and messing around when I was a teen. Who knows what I would have done with my life had I stayed in school and behaved. 

So kids....

If you're reading this.... 

STAY IN SCHOOL !

That's all for today, my migraine is getting worse, so I'm gonna go lay down. 

Today's music challenge is "A song that is a guilty pleasure"

For me, that would have to be, "Leflaur Leflah Eshkosha" by Heltah Skeltah & O.G.C

There's a story behind that song for me, but I'm not getting in to it today... 

maybe one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment