Friday, May 14, 2021

30 day writing challenge.....Day 1

 


Hey everyone ! 

Welcome back to my blog ! Hope everyone is doing well today.

Remember how I said in my previous entry that I would try to get back to writing as much as possible ? Well, I figured that trying out this 30 day writing challenge will help me. 

So here is day 1.....

Five Problems With Technology

1- UPDATES !!!

I don't know about ya'll, but ugh, I HATE that we always have to update our computers, phones, tablets, tvs, apps, games, etc. I don't just mean update the operating systems, but everything, including the actual item itself, to have the latest version. That costs money. Like really, if it ain't broke, don't fix it ! 

2- AUTO-CORRECT !!

Personally, I turn off auto-correct on all my devices, because I don't always write in proper english, and its a pain in the backside to always have the device think its smarter than you and try to change your words on you. Like if I want to write in slang or in another language, don't try to tell me that what I'm writing is wrong, cause newsflash, auto correct isn't always right either. 

3- PRICES !!

It seems like with every new device upgrade, it dam near costs an arm and a leg ! Most people want to keep up with the latest technology and trends, so the minute a new iPhone comes out (for example), people are rushing to get the latest model, even if there is nothing wrong with the one they are currently using ! I've seen people go in to debt just to stay current with new devices. Like why ? 

4- PEOPLE ARE BECOMING LAZIER !!

You can't deny that technology is making people even lazier than they have been in the past. Myself included ! How many people, instead of talking to someone who is right in front of them, (or in the same house as them), will text (or DM) someone to bring them something or to ask a question they could've just opened their mouth and asked. People used to love going shopping, now with technology, you don't need to, just go online and you can order practically anything and have it delivered to your front door. I know now with the pandemic, its easier and safer, but still. 

5- TOO MANY CATFISHES !!!

I can't even begin to express how serious this one is. With the advancement of technology, its becoming easier and easier to be catfished online these days. People can hide their true ip address, hiding their location, therefore can easily say they are from someplace they might never even have been to. People can easily search online for pictures, post them to their social media, and pretend to be said person. That can, and in many cases has proved to be, seriously dangerous. 

That's only 5 I could think of so far off the top of my head. There is so much more lol. It was hard to narrow it down, but there you go. 

What about ya'll.....

Do you agree with what I said, or do you disagree, and why ? 

What do YOU think is wrong with technology ? Leave it in the comments below. 


Also....

Instead of making new posts or starting a new challenge, I will also be doing a 30 day MUSIC challenge at the end of each post...

here is the image if you want to play along



Today is "Your favorite song"

That's a tough one, I have so many. but if I had to choose one, it would be "In my daughter's eyes" by Martina McBride.

No comments:

Post a Comment