Saturday, May 15, 2021

30 Day Writing Challenge ..... Day 2


 Hello hello ! 

How ya'll enjoying this lovely Saturday ?

 Despite not being able to move very much due to severe back pain, I'm having a good day.

Today's post for the 30 day writing challenge, is to write about my earliest memory. I don't know which one to write about, cause I have so many awesome memories from my childhood, as well as many sad ones. 

One of my most vivid memories from my childhood, is when my family and I used to live in a different home from where my grandmother lived. Whenever we would come over to visit my grandmother and my great grandmother (who we referred to as Baba), and she had this one rocking chair that was basically her chair, no one sat in it but her. We couldn't really communicate well with her, because she didn't speak English very well, and my brother Jubjub and I could only speak a few words of Ukrainian, not even enough to make a full sentence. But that didn't stop Baba and I from having fun. I remember sitting in the kitchen watching her cook, and listening to her stories about Ukraine. My favorite memory of her, was when she used to let me brush her hair, and also when I would sit on her lap when she sat in the rocking chair, and she used to play horsey with me on her lap. (bouncing me up and down on her lap, and sometimes even on her leg, like by her ankle. For an old lady, she may have LOOKED frail, but Baba was the strongest lady I knew).

My Baba was a phenomenal woman. She sadly passed away when I was very little, but I still have very fond memories of her that I will cherish forever. 



Today's music challenge is "Your least favorite song"
That one's easy, that would have to be "Crazy Frog" that song annoys the ever lovin hell outta me !

No comments:

Post a Comment