Tuesday, May 25, 2021

30 Day Writing Challenge ... Day 9

 


Whassup everyone reading this ! Hope you all are having a good evening, and had a good day. 

Today, I believe we are on day 9 of the writing challenge, and today's theme is "Your feelings on ageism"

Before I can begin, let's look at what the "WHO" (World Health Organization) describes as Ageism.... 

"Ageism refers to the stereotypes (how we think), prejudice (how we feel) and discrimination (how we act) towards others or oneself based on age."

I think ageism is so annoying AF. I've experienced it many times in my life, as well as seen it happen to others. People should seriously mind their own business when it comes to age. So what if an adult enjoys playing videogames ? So what if a person in their mid 40's (or even later) want to dress in a certain style that is mostly worn by younger people ? Why do we have to tell people something like "wow, you look good for your age" ? Why do we have to  assume that older people are no good at using technology but assume a younger person is a wiz at it ? Comments like "okay boomer" when talking to an older person, or calling them a geezer (sp?), or making fun of them for being old. 

That ish is getting tired and fast. 

My own daughter has done that to me before, telling me "mommy, aren't you a bit old to be watching cartoons ?". Why ? Because I'm 43 ? Where on a cartoon does it say that you must stop watching it at a certain age ? Sure, many movies and tv shows have ratings on it, but those are just basic guidelines, and it doesn't say you have to be under a certain age to enjoy it. And WHY do we call people who indulge in certain youthful behaviors as childish ? Why do people have to enjoy it in secret for fear of being ridiculed ? If an adult wants to collect toys and even play with them from time to time, who are we to judge them and tell them they are too old to do that ? Honestly, as long as it is not affecting you in any negative way, then why should it even bother you ? 

I'm sorry, if I want to go to a store and buy myself a teddy bear and cuddle it when I sleep because it helps with my anxiety, then I should be able to do that without people looking down their noses at me and assuming I'm childish. I shouldn't have to be forced to dress a certain way because "that's not how a 43 year old mother should be dressing". 

People should be able to do whatever they want, (within reason obviously), without backlash from society. 

The meme below sums it up perfectly (excuse the fowl language, I try not to cuss on my blog, but sometimes, its just needed to get your point across)



Now....

Don't get me wrong, if its something that is illegal, such as underage drinking, or an adult dating a minor, then NO, by all means, make sure they follow the law and do what is within their legal age-range. I do NOT condone adults trying to have any kind of romantic relationship with a minor, I don't care how "old" or mature the minor portrays themselves, or how "young" or immature the adult seems to be. Its one thing to get along with minors, but that takes it to a whole other level of "hell the fuck no" .

With that said, it is time to get ready to start my Twitch stream, so I will end here.

But please, let me know in the comments section, what YOU think about ageism.

Today's music challenge is, "A song that you can dance to"

Well there are many, but the one I will choose today is "Ponte En Cuatro" by Dionis y La Banda Flakka. Its one of the first merengue songs I learned to dance to thanks to my sister from another mister, Joscya. 

No comments:

Post a Comment