Monday, May 24, 2021

30 Day Writing Challenge .... Day 8


 Hey guys ! 

Happy Victoria Day ! (Its a national holiday here in Canada for those who aren't aware).

I had a great day with my daughter, and we're winding down for the evening, getting her ready for bed, and I'm getting ready to begin my nightly Twitch stream, but I wanted to post on here for ya'll before I do that. 

So where are we now ? Oh yes, day 8. Which is "A book you love and one you didn't".

This one is going to be a hard one, because anyone who knows me, knows I love to read, and its rare I come across a book that I don't actually like. 

I guess I'll begin with the book I loved. 

Again, there are so many books I read, and its hard for me to find one I didn't love, so choosing ONE that I did love is hard. Let me think......

I suppose if I had to choose one, I guess I would choose "The Demonologist: The Extraordinary Career of Ed & Lorraine Warren". I am a huge fan of theirs and have been for many many years. I purchased all the books by them (well all I could find on amazon that seem to be tied in together in an unofficial series). I loved this book so much, I couldn't put it down. Reading it, I felt like I was actually sitting down to tea with the Warrens, and having a conversation with them about their careers. The paranormal has always fascinated me, and they were the first "paranormal investigators" I ever learned of. Then, to see her on episodes of Paranormal State used to make me so happy. I was saddened to hear about Lorraine's passing in 2019.

I even did a book review on it, you can watch it by clicking the video below...



Now, 

As for the book I didn't love. I can't really think of one at the moment. The ONLY book I was disappointed in, and that's ONLY because I watched the movie AFTER reading the book, and I usually am pretty good at making sure I watch a movie first before reading the book, because they usually are so different. But I had borrowed the book Angels & Demons from a friend and read it before the movie even came out, so when I went to the cinema to watch the movie, I was so disappointed at how much they changed parts of the story compared to what's written in the book. Even now, years later, no matter how often I watch the movie (I love Tom Hanks, so I will watch my Dan Brown movies over and over), I tend to scream at the tv "that's NOT how it happened in the book !"

So that's it for now. Hope you enjoyed it, I'm off to start my stream. Come watch and hang out with me while I play Sims 4. http://twitch.tv/ChispaPlays and if not, then see you back here tomorrow for another post. 

Today's music challenge, is "A song that you know all the words to". There are so many ! But the one I joke about a lot, is "Ice Ice Baby" by Vanilla Ice.

No comments:

Post a Comment