Saturday, May 22, 2021

30 Day Writing Challenge .... Day 6

 


Hey guys, sorry I haven't been around the last few days, I just wasn't in the right mindset to do anything online, I didn't even do any streams on Twitch the last few days, I took time off until Monday to just "reset" myself. However, I know I missed the last few days of writing, so here I am. So as to not overwhelm myself, I will be continuing where I left off, and instead of posting a few posts back to back, I'll just be picking up where I left off and posting daily challenges as I have been. So here is day 6.....

This post, is a bit of an emotional one for me. I am supposed to write about "A person who fascinates me and why"

I thought long and hard about who I wanted to write about, and I chose to write about my bestie, my partner-in-crime, a girl I am honored to call my sister by heart.... Fiona (Fifi).

This girl, for those who don't know her, is someone I am definitely fascinated by, and admire more than words can say. And I'm not just saying that cause I call her my sister. 

She has been through so much through the years, both good and bad, but much of it rough. Despite all that, she has managed to raise 2 wonderful little boys, go back to school and actually finish her Show and Event Manager course, and get her diploma. Even though many people close to her were convinced that she shouldn't do it, or that she would find it hard and give up halfway through. 

I won't get in to her personal details, that's not my business to do, but rest assured, she had many obstacles thrown her way, and still overcame them, (with flying colors I might add ! ), and is STILL facing challenges and continues to overcome them. I may be older than her, but please believe, I look up to this woman more than she will ever realize. She has given me a renewed sense of hope that if you want something bad enough, and never give up, it CAN and WILL happen ! 

Being a mother of 2 boys, one of whom has been diagnosed as "special needs", went back full time to school, and ran her own business, taking part in online wrestling efeds, and now working full time can be stressful. Throw in some drama and other stress, and yea, any sane person might have thrown in the towel. But not my sissy, she would even go to school (and work) when she was exhausted, running on little to no sleep, even when she was sick as a dog too. She injured her knee this awhile back, and isn't supposed to walk on it very much, yet she STILL manages to get her butt to work (which is a very physical job, on her feet for her whole shift), and take care of her kids. Not to mention that she loves her family with every fiber of her being, both those related by blood as well as her "chosen" family. She is very protective of those she loves, and best of all, she loves my daughter as if she were her own. Can't no one mess with my princess when auntie Fifi is around.

Yes, I know, there are many people in the world who do that, and I take my hat off to them as well. But to know someone personally, who set a goal, and is going after her dreams, even when so many people around her want to see her fail, fascinates me. That is why I chose her to write about for Day 6's post. 

I love you Fifi, to the moon and beyond, and I'm so proud of you ! 

(the pic below is Fifi and I back in June 2020, sissy, we need new pics lol)


Today's Music challenge is, "A song that reminds you of somewhere", that would be "Behind Blue Eyes" by Limp Bizkit (not sure if I spelled it correctly lol)


No comments:

Post a Comment