Thursday, July 21, 2022

30 Day Writing Challenge ... Day 15

 OMG Is it ever hotttt !!! 

I really can NOT handle humidity, and before anyone says anything, YES, I know, I was born and raised here my whole life, so I SHOULD be accustomed to the summer weather, but NOPE ! It seems like the older I get, the harder it is to handle the summer humidity. I remember a time when I used to love the summer, but now, I can legit say I hate it. Maybe if I had an air conditioner, it wouldn't be so bad, but I swear, some days I feel like my place is a sauna in the summer. Worse than outside some days ! 

ANYWAYS, how YOU doin' ?

I know I was away for a few days, but I just didn't feel like writing. Even now, I prefer to be laying in bed and just melt in to my sheets lol. BUT I did say the other day that I didn't want too much time to pass before I write again, so here I am. 


Today's challenge is
"Three Pet Peeves"

I have quite a few pet peeves, so this makes it a hard choice to narrow it down to just 3. But after some thought, I cam up with what I think are pretty much my top 3 pet peeves, or maybe more of annoyances, but its what I could think of at the moment. 

So with that said, in no particular order...

My first pet peeve...

People who assume that when someone says they have a disability, whether physical or mental, that prevents them from working, that people assume they are just using it to be "lazy" and collect a handout from the government, which to be honest, is no way to live. Plus, many people say "oh I know someone with ___ and they can work so why can't you". Its not that simple. First of all, not everyone who has the same illness will have the same symptoms or results. Some people have benign symptoms, and others have it more severe. You also never know, maybe that person has something else wrong that could be affecting their current illness. You know know what a person is going through.

Second...

Now, I mean no disrespect to anyone I personally know who do this, cause Lord knows I do know quite a few.... BUT... people who feel the need to be "grammar police" to EVERY. LITTLE. MISTAKE that they see online. When I see things like this, blogs, or like, news reports, articles, etc., then yea, fine. But when you're on things like Facebook, or other social media, then really, who cares if someone makes a spelling mistake here or there. If the mistake (or typo as many call it), still allow you to understand the point of what the person is saying, then let it go. We're not in school anymore, and those who are, writing on social media isn't going to count towards your final grade or anything like that, so why correct them ?  Especially in this day and age where everything is abbreviated to "text speak". Even on Twitter, Twitter still only uses a certain amount of characters per tweet, I believe its 140 or so. You can't speak eloquently or "proper" on Twitter unless you plan on making a thread of tweets to get your point across. I have seen people legit get in online spats over someone's spelling. Like why ? Is it really THAT serious ? 

Third ...

Its a huge pet peeve of mine when people try to hit on you on social media. Like, Facebook, TikTok, etc. is not a dating site. Sure, people CAN meet someone on those sites and have a good relationship, maybe even find "the one"/love of their life. But NOT every person is on social media looking for anything other than connecting with friends/family, or a way to pass the time. 

That's it for now, I'm off to go lay down and try to stay cool. 

For today's music challenge, its "A Song That Describes You"

I am sure there is one, but for some reason right now, I can only think of "In My Daughter's Eyes" by Martina McBride.

See ya'll again soon. I won't say tomorrow for sure, but who knows. 


No comments:

Post a Comment